Thursday, April 8, 2010

Marigold (aww cont.)

Date: August 2nd
Time: 2:54am
Place: Foxxden Coffee Café, St. Greenville GA
The air, full of tension and coffee. Black cases with laptops fill the rooms. How the modern technology has killed the ancient art of writing! You do not learn when you have a computer fixing your mistakes! It just doesn’t work that way! I find a pen and pen more intellectual and fun. I always use a pen because if what you write is important then there will be no mistakes.
“Hello again.” whispered a voice from over my shoulder. I jumped quickly covering my page with my arm and smudging the still wet ink.
“Hello” I say realizing there is no reason for my shock and reaction.
“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to startle you. Do you remember me? Oh of course you don’t, no one remembers-”
“Morelle,” I say making her smile and shut up.
“Oh so you do remember?! I’m sorry for yesterday I just really had to catch that bus, and with all that stuff going on lately Amandier is so worried. I just can’t stay out past curfew! Will you ever forgive me for my rude thoughtlessness?” She promptly recited in a way that needs to be repeated.
All I could say was, “You weren’t rude you were in a hurry. It’s perfectly necessary to be rude to stranger to catch a bus… I wish I could say as much for myself.” I had a wide grin on.
She smiled genuinely at me and Quoted, “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. You know who said that?” I shook my head, “No, Helen Keller. An amazing child you know that?”
We sat and talked until it was time for her bus. This time she wore A white blouse, jeans and high heeled boots. Her hair still in a brunette braid, except it was over her left should instead of hanging low on her back.
I Blissfully think of our whole conversation and remember ‘Amandier is so worried. I just can’t stay out past curfew!’ Amandier, I thought, who is Amandier? It would be just my luck, sitting here thinking maybe it was meant to be while she only wanted a friend and had a boyfriend or worse a husband! How stupid of me to think that a precious jewel like Morelle would single!

No comments:

Post a Comment